Period: All Year
Contract Status: Auto Entrepreneur - variable hours. Possibility of permanent full time contract depending on evolution of business and role.
€ basic plus profit bonus
We are looking for a motivated and professional bi-lingual French English person to train up as a base manager for the Champsaur, Valgaudemar and Gapencais valleys.
You will need to be based in the area to fulfil this role and will work from the Undiscovered Alps office in Jarjayes and from home.
You have a passion for the Champsaur, Valgaudemar, Devoluy, Gap, Chorges and Serre Poncon area and relish the opportunity to show it off to a predominantly anglophone market using your knowldege of the area, creativity and professional judgement.
You take pride in your work and are a natural organiser with a keen eye for detail.
You are a people person and easily able to manage the multiple needs of clients and suppliers as well as working in a team with the client liaison representative and director.
- Assistance with development of holiday products including searching and identifying new accommodation and activities.
- Entering price data, activity and accommodation descriptions on the website.
- Occasional filming and editing videos of activities
- Photographing of accommodation and activities and managment of photo files for website.
- Development of relationships with suppliers including securing and negotiating contracts.
- Assisting suppliers in writing risk assessments
- Planning and organisation of itineraries for client holidays
- Planning and timetabling of guides and suppliers for client holidays
- Assisting client liaison representative with changes, additional activities and re-arranging activities where necessary.
- Assisting client liaison representative in the field where necessary (eg taking on some client welcome meetings during exceptionally busy weekends)
- Participating in client events such as restaurant nights out, BBQs etc.
- Participating in social media campaigns managed by head office.
- Occasional transfers of clients using Undiscovered Alps minibus
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Fluent English and French both spoken and written.
- Previous experience working in tourism.
- Advanced computer literacy and competence in word, excel, photoshop or other photo processing software, imovie or final cut pro and google apps and mailchimp.
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Full clean diriving license
- Initiative and creativity
- Professional attitude
- Knowledge of the Champsaur, Valgaudemar, Devoluy, Gap, Chorges and Serre Poncon area.
For a full application form or further information, please contact email@example.com